[AT] little OT; Daihatsu "mini truck"

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 08:19:26 PDT 2006

I own a 1985 Samaria it was a very little car for very short trips. If you
have a bad back don't get it they ride like a tank on the road but will climb
just about anything off the rood. Put a good set of knobbies on it and it will
 climb anything.
I put 206,000 on mine and all I ever did was put in one set of platinum
plugs and a new thermostat. I had the rear brakes and wheel bearing replaced and
put new shocks on it. All in all it was very inexpensive to drive but very
under  powered.  I could not use 5th gear in a small head wind on the highway. I
got 20 MPG which is not good for a small car. If you can get the later model
with the larger 4 valve engine it will be much better. I had a fold up tow
bar  on the front and towed it behind my motorhome.
We bought it in 89 to get up the steep hill on my 80 acres in southern
Oregon it was terrific for getting around on the mountain roads.
I used it here on the farm until I sold it to a friend and his  kid wrapped
it around a tree.
I would say go for it you won't be unhappy with the Samaria unless you try
to drive it across the state.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361