[AT] OT Computer help

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Jul 7 14:37:37 PDT 2006

HEHEHE HEEHHEE HAW HAW ROFLMAO.

Phil, no offense but I AM the company.  President, Vice Pres. Sec.
CEO and maintenance man AND IT man.  It's a one man shop.  There is about a
50/50 chance that this problem is a hard drive/memory problem or a software
problem.  The appraisal software that I use is a very complex integrated
system that is constantly going online to pull down maps and data and back
up files to an off site vendor.  It uses huge amounts of resources.  They
recently came out  with this new version and have had tons of problems with
it to the point that they have had to hire dozens if not hundreds of
additional tech people.  Many users have gotten mad and moved to another
vendor.

Luckily for me I had saved the old version to the external drive when I
installed the new one.  Also, so many folks have raised cane with the vendor
that they are continuing to support the old version.
I was able, by luck, to figure out how run the software on the old drive and
I'm back to work without any further problems so far.
I also moved a bunch of photo files, etc. from the main drive to the
external to give the main drive some breathing room.

Only problem is that I just  missed the deadline for getting a file in for
the second time in two days.  We get scored for that kind of thing and it
effects future assignments but I can't help it.  I did the best I could.

My business files are backed up on an off site location provided (for a fee)
by the software vendor.  The operating system is copied to the external
drive but is not bootable.

Thanks for your help and to some others who contacted me off list.

Charlie