[AT] Walt new Truck PICS

Vaughn Miller vmiller at messiah.edu
Mon Jul 31 04:48:13 PDT 2006

I have a trailer built this way.  Here is a pic for those having trouble visualizing

http://home.messiah.edu/~vmiller/trailer.jpg

Vaughn Miller
Dillsburg Pa

>>> "Indiana Robinson" <robinson at svs.net> 7/28/06 8:33 PM >>>
Slipping on wheel wells would turn you off on them...
<(^¿^)>
	Actually I failed to indicate that I was thinking more in
the neighborhood of 3 or 4 inches high...   <(^¿^)>
	I have an old pair here that I saved off of an old dualie
implement trailer I bought. In fact I bought it mostly
because it had those wheel wells on it. I was wanting them
for a truck I was working on but never used them. They were
heavy diamond step plate and maybe 3" + tall with a very
gradual curve. Three + inches is not a lot but then you get
the thickness of the wood floor being not there too. That
makes about 5" total which don't seem like much but on
truck beds and other places sometimes a few inches makes a
big difference.   <(^¿^)>
	I once owned an old Dodge farm truck with a hoist (1953, I
think) that had a nice steel bed floor but it was smooth
and if you hauled a bunch of grain it got so slick it was
really hard to stand up on if wet.
	I was thinking a little about a couple of school bus
chassis car and tractor haulers I have seen when I asked
Walt about the possible slant bed. I have seen a couple
that just used a couple of wide "I" beams (on their side to
make a "U" channel on top) instead of a full floor. On one
Scott and I saw some years ago one beam was fixed and the
other was rigged so it could be slid sideways to adjust for
different tread width.
	I love looking at folks haulers at shows.

--
"farmer"

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be
continually fearing you will make one."
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's