[AT] was Ralph's rotary mower(now fuel price)

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Jul 31 04:47:47 PDT 2006

This is late.   I was out of town all weekend and haven't read all replies
so it might be late and redundant.   Anyway,  I can't remember the exact
number but it is something like 5000 people will retire every day for the
next 20 (?) years.   (That being the baby boomer retirement wave)   Many of
those folks will be taking lump sum retirements and investing the money
somewhere.  Lots of them will put it in real estate.

I live in coastal NC and folks are flooding in here and buying houses (and
land tracts when available).  Prices shot up for 3 years in a row.
Currently the market has flattened and existing houses have dropped (in
asking price) by about 5 to 6%.    That is about 1/3 to 1/4 of what they
went up last year.

I think as long as that flow of cash keeps pumping into the economy the
trend you are seeing will continue, Cecil.   I don't know what it's going to
do to our farm lands.  With real estate prices high and farm production
prices low there will be more farmers selling than buying.
I guess the tractors will go to the city folks that build their retirement
homes in your pasture.  Sad to see but ............

Charlie