[AT] Some ads from the 7/29 Lancaster Farming

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Jul 30 13:00:16 PDT 2006

>For Sale:

>Operation, care and repair of farm machinery, tenth edition by John
>Deere. 1936-37, $25. Other JD books. Lanc. Co. 717-394-4219.

Humm.  It's rare when I find something listed in these ads that I happen
to also have for sale.  I've got the 28th edition for sale from 1957.
I'm wondering about the sequencing.  Were there new editions during the
war years?  My edition is 18 subsequent to the one that's advertised in
Lancaster county, but it's 21 years later in copy write.  Mine was
published close to the end of the two-cylinder era for John Deere when
they were using three-digit model numbers.

For any of you that are not familiar with this publication, it is a
textbook used in high school Vo-Ag and FFA.  It is also a virtual
operation and maintenance manual for the current John Deere agricultural
equipment of the time.  Contact me off list if you're interested in my
copy.

Larry
rlgoss at evansville.net