[Farmall] F-20 questions

Bob Currie tractors at foothill.net
Sun Jul 30 10:51:31 PDT 2006

Joe, I would add this to the mix of answers and see if it helps any. The
firing order is stamped on the side of the block, not the timing. Take all
the spark plugs out, and slowly crank the motor by hand until the #1
cylinder's piston is at the top of the cylinder. You can tell by putting
your thumb over the spark plug hole as you (or someone else) does the
cranking. When the "whoosh" is at highest pressure against your thumb, then
take a look at the rotor. It should be closely lined up with the #1 mark on
the distributor. If that works, then go one step further, and make sure
that particular spark plug wire runs from the #1 spot on the distributor
cap,,up to the #1 spark plug. which is at the front of the block, closest
to the fan, not at the back of the block. If these things don't line up,
then move that coupler you mentioned 90 or 180 degrees until you're in the
ball park.

bobcurrie
greenwood, CA