[AT] new tractor for threshing

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 30 06:04:25 PDT 2006

 Hope you guys got to play with your iron this weekend like we did. We
finally got around to our annual wheat threshing here on the farm. We use
dad's 22x38 late model IHC thresher with a straw conveyor instead of a
blower. Every year we try to use a different tractor to pull the thresher.
In the past we have used a Farmall Regular, a McCormick10-20, Case
crossmount 12-20,  Case DC and last year a Gibson (no not one of the little
ones but one about the size of a Farmall M). This year we hooked up my Titan
10-20. Miraculously we got the belt lined up on the first attempt! We were
quite surprised at how much power that tractor has compared to some we have
used on this machine in the past. Once the govenors kick in it just doesn't
seem to notice how heavy we were feeding. If the thresher had a blower I am
sure we couldn't have fed it as heavy but as it is setup we were able to
toss in the bundles with no gap between them.

 Makes me want to pull out the Papec silage cutter this fall!!!

John Hall