[AT] old expressions

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sat Jul 29 20:20:17 PDT 2006

>one I've never really understood but found humorous:

"Raining like a cow pee'n on a flat rock"

If you had ever been in a confined location when that happens, you would
understand and appreciate it. The cows would invariably have to let fly
while they were in the milking parlor.  We did everything by hand so it
was a major problem to keep the milk from being polluted until the
deluge ended.  Without getting into the fluid dynamics of the situation,
the stream is just the right size and falls just the right distance to
achieve maximum splatter.

Which reminds me, some bright-eyed researcher has determined that there
is enough splatter generated from a toilet that is flushing with the lid
up to contaminate a toothbrush within six feet of it.  It's even worse
if a man has used the facility while standing up.

Larry