[AT] Electrical Problems..Please help

JAHaze at aol.com JAHaze at aol.com
Sat Jul 29 17:38:21 PDT 2006

I'm completely stumped on this one.  I have a Case 430 CK gas engine that has
been very reliable for me over the past seven years or so.  Never had a
problem starting it in any kind of weather, that was until two weeks ago.  I
started it up to move some gravel and it started fine.  I shut it off to talk to the
neighbor, and it didn't want to start right away, I turned the key and
nothing, after I fiddled with the wire from the battery to the key switch, it fired
right up and I was off again.

While back in the gravel pit I stalled it out, turned the key and nothing
again.  I fiddled with it for about a half an hour then gave up.  The next day I
took the key switch out of the dash and cleaned up the connections, now it
turns over just fine, but has no spark.  Since then I have replaced the coil,
condensor, and points... still no spark.  I have tested things with my multimeter
and am getting plenty of current through the switch, coil, condensor, and
points.  The funny thing is I have voltage going to the points, but when I break
them, there is no spark jump.  This should mean something right?  I should
have said that it is a 12 volt system.  I'm getting 11.5 volts between the
ignitions wire to the key swith and the points if that helps at all.

Please tell me it's something simple, I'm lost on this one.  Thanks for your
help.

Enjoy, Joe

-------------------------------1154219901

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2912" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>I'm completely stumped on this one.  I have a Case 430 CK gas engi=
ne that has been very reliable for me over the past seven years or so. =
 Never had a problem starting it in any kind of weather, that was until two=20=
weeks ago.  I started it up to move some gravel and it started fine.&nb=
sp; I shut it off to talk to the neighbor, and it didn't want to start right=
 away, I turned the key and nothing, after I fiddled with the wire from the=20=
battery to the key switch, it fired right up and I was off again.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>While back in the gravel pit I stalled it out, turned the key and nothi=
ng again.  I fiddled with it for about a half an hour then gave up.&nbs=
p; The next day I took the key switch out of the dash and cleaned up the con=
nections, now it turns over just fine, but has no spark.  Since then I=20=
have replaced the coil, condensor, and points... still no spark.  I hav=
e tested things with my multimeter and am getting plenty of current through=20=
the switch, coil, condensor, and points.  The funny thing is I hav=
e voltage going to the points, but when I break them, there is no spark jump=
.  This should mean something right?  I should have said that it i=
s a 12 volt system.  I'm getting 11.5 volts between the ignitions wire=20=
to the key swith and the points if that helps at all.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Please tell me it's something simple, I'm lost on this one.  Thank=
s for your help.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Enjoy, Joe</DIV></BODY></HTML>