[AJD] John Deere A Main Bearings and crankshaft R&R

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 08:27:26 PDT 2006

 UPS Delivered my crank the other day.  I was highly
skeptical that the Ebay crank I had bought would be
useable,  so off to the machine shop I went.   It
measured out still within original specs,  much to my
relief.   It will get magnafluxed and polished next
week and them it will be time to try and get it into
the tractor.

    I was searching through my parts books looking for
undersized Main Bearings.  I did not see any listed,
but I could swear I heard someone say that you could
get them through Deere?   Anyone undersized mains in
an A before?

     I was happy to find out that I could order the
insert bearings for my rods at $16 a set.  I thought
they would be much more.   I', going to buy every
insert rod that I run across now and quit trying to
have anything re-babbitted.

                       Chris

Chris Carl
Camano Island, Washington

Collector of:
John Deere
Caterpillar
Bucyrus Erie

--0-1455105848-1154186846=:35408

 UPS Delivered my crank the other day.  I was highly<BR>skeptical that the Ebay crank I had bought would be<BR>useable,  so off to the machine shop I went.   It<BR>measured out still within original specs,  much to my<BR>relief.   It will get magnafluxed and polished next<BR>week and them it will be time to try and get it into<BR>the tractor.<BR><BR><BR>    I was searching through my parts books looking for<BR>undersized Main Bearings.  I did not see any listed, <BR>but I could swear I heard someone say that you could<BR>get them through Deere?   Anyone undersized mains in<BR>an A before?<BR><BR>     I was happy to find out that I could order the<BR>insert bearings for my rods at $16 a set.  I thought<BR>they would be much more.   I', going to buy every<BR>insert rod that I run across now and quit trying to<BR>have anything re-babbitted.
		<hr size=1>Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com">Make PC-to-Phone Calls</a> to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.