[AT] Gearboxes and grease

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Thu Jul 27 13:41:32 PDT 2006

I'm pretty sure about this info but if wrong please correct me. A couple of
years my cousin rented a 3 row corn head for his forage harvestor. It had a
system where every so often you pump a plunger something like 6 strokes and
it would grease the whole header at once. The grease would be pumped from a
reservoir through plastic tubes to all the bearings. The grease had to be
heavy enough to stay in the bearings but thin enough to be pumped through
the system; thus the name corn head grease. I have not tried it myself but
for a leaky gear case it would be my first choice.
Greg Hass