[Farmall] Farmall 340 Not starting

Larry Hardesty ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Wed Jul 26 07:34:42 PDT 2006

George,  I put a new coil on.  However, no spark to the points.  I took the
wire off from the coil to the distributor and flashed it to ground.  No
spark.  I checked and run a wire from the negative to positive side of input
to the coil and got a spark.  So I have spark going into the coil.  Now it
is a new coil.

Also, I connected battery cables from the battery to the positive and
negative side of the coil and got some spark.  So some voltage going through
the coil, but I would say not much.  I did this with the coil I took off and
got the same.

Can a new coil be bad; or would there be something happening to make a new
coil go bad?  Got me baffled

Thanks for the help.

Larry