[Steam-engine] heating surface

Robert Smith bobsmith5 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 24 11:05:44 PDT 2006

Andre ---

This is what you should get.

Pi = 3.141592654

Diameter of tube = 2.000

Circumference of tube = Pi * D

Area of tube = Circumference * length

Thus:

Heating surface = Pi * D * L =  3.14159 * 2.0 * 45 = 282.743  "Sq or
1.963 Ft Sq.

Exactly as you wrote,  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note, times the total number of tubes plus the effective heating area of
your fire box gives the
total heating area of your boiler which can be used to estimate the
steaming horsepower of your boiler.

    Best wishes and happy steaming,

        Bob Smith