[Farmall] Some ads from the 7/22 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jul 23 05:46:34 PDT 2006

That one caught my eye as well, which is why I sent it along. I was
having trouble picturing how the buyer would go about removing the silo,
transporting it to his property, and then erecting it. But I am told
that it isn't as weird as it sounds, and while not exactly common, it
done more frequently than it would seem. The only problem I can see is
that the bottom couple of feet of the wood are usually somewhat crappy
from the silage "juice" soaking it, so you would probably lose a little
height. Around here, wood silos (taxed as "structures" and considered
somewhat unsafe to work in as well as expensive to fill), have been
replaced by "ag bags" - long white plastic tubes, lying on the ground,
that are filled/stuffed with rented machines and then cut away as the
silage is removed over the winter.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us that the
less we use our power the greater it will be. -Thomas Jefferson,
third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)