[Steam-engine] Colonel Ward Pumping Station

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Sat Jul 22 23:35:56 PDT 2006

It should be noted that there is a single engine of about the same size
at the Bayshore(?) pumping station in Erie, at the west end of a building
that looks like it originally held 4 or 5 of them. It's just west of the muny
pier along Bayshore, the pump building is on the south side of the road,
across from another waterworks building that still has a bunch of
gauging equipment still in place. It has an entry on the ASME site.

I've also been told that there is some of the generator equipment still at the
Erie County Museum, a former power house, just east of the muny pier,
where the Niagara ties up for the winter.

Dave