[Farmall] Yellow jackets

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 13:08:26 PDT 2006

Hey, Sloane.....
  Why all the fuss?  Rather than gripe about the bugs, learn to embrace the benefits:
  1.  A no-cost theft deterrent.
  2.  Also a labor-savings measure (you can't work when the machine is infested)

  While replacing a loose piece of flashing on the roof (up maybe 40  feet) I stirred up a nest of something equipped with stingers.   While they hovered I finished nailing and, gratefully, they did not  attack.
  You have frequently mentioned your distaste for yellow jackets and  their ilk.  I, therefore, take it that you have allergic reactions  to the stings (beyond the unpleasantness of the actual sting).   When I get a situation such as a (paper) wasp nest inside of (let's  say) one of the foundation shrubs, I wait until twilight and use one of  those "long distance" spray cans.  Charlie's WD-40 idea seems  sound, though.
  The carb on the Lo-Boy still is acting up.  I agree that it is not  getting sufficient fuel and, I reckon, the amount of fuel in the float  chamber enables it to run briefly and then die.  Guess I will have  to take it off and give it what for.
  JM

--0-1190713242-1153512506=:85679

		<hr size=1>Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.
">Try it free.</a>