[Farmall] 1952 Super C

Paul Bazzetta bazzetta at execpc.com
Wed Jul 19 20:18:30 PDT 2006

I will take the blame for this.  I was taught by an Illinois State policeman
(trucking enforcement guy) to not rely on the chain binder tension to hold
the binder shut.  So I always used scraps of steel electric fencing wire.
But since we sold off the farm the barn in no longer full of all the
agro-engineering (credit to "Farmer" for the term) material that used to be
laying around.  So I used what I had.  Fairly thick aluminum wire.  So
that's a new lesson learned.  Aluminum wire is not good for this
application.  Painful to admit hat I was this stupid but maybe it will save
someone else the same trouble or worse.

Glad to here that you and your bride arrived safely home.  Homer could not
have gone to a better home!

-PB