[AT] Cub granny gear

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jul 18 03:06:27 PDT 2006

That is 95% of a Howard speed reduction unit sold by the folks who
(still) make the Howard Rotovator. Flipping the lever to the right
reduces the ground speed (but not the PTO speed) by about half. It
mounts on the left side of the Cub axle and moves the left wheel and
final drive out about 4". The buyer would still need the bits and pieces
needed to extend the brake operating levers and drawbar out to match,
but I suppose they could be fabricated. If anyone bought this unit (at
what appears to be a very high price), I can provide copies of the
Howard literature that came with my '48 Cub that was equipped with the
unit installed. If anyone is interested, contact me, and I will put
images up on my Fotki album.

Mike

Kevin wrote:
> Check out item #180006811051  ebay

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods
or no God. -Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and
author (1743-1826)