[Farmall] Transmission oil leak - Farmall H

Ed and Mary Gilliland egilliland at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 17 12:38:20 PDT 2006

Sounds like you need a new gasket between the axle housing and the final
drive housing.  To replace that one, you will need to remove the axle
housing.  The right side bull gear will have to be removed.  I unbolted the
final drive housing cover to do that, but believe it is possible to remove
the bull gear nut from the pto opening.  I replaced both left and right
gaskets when I restored my 1950 H. It is quite a job.  While doing it, you
might want to replace other seals and gaskets on the axle housing.  Hope
this helps.

Ed Gilliland