[Farmall] Transmission oil leak - Farmall H

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jul 16 03:15:16 PDT 2006

I would first try tightening the bolts around the axle housing. If that
doesn't work, you have your work cut out for you. It isn't complicated,
but you will have to drain the transmission, remove the wheel and axle
housing and replace the gasket. They don't normally leak much, unless
the axle housing has been cracked, which is probably the "worst case"
situation. Fortunately, there are a lot of Farmall H tractors in salvage
yards, so finding a replacement won't be difficult or expensive. If you
do have to replace the housing, I suggest you buy all new gaskets and
seals, as the old ones from a parts tractor are likely to be shot. I can
send you the page from the parts manual if you contact me at
<mikesloane at verizon.net>

Mike

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods
or no God. -Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and
author (1743-1826)