[Farmall] Converting to 12 v system on Cub

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sat Jul 15 19:08:34 PDT 2006

As others have already said, a 6 volt system in good condition will
definitely do the job.  Having said that, there are other reasons to
convert... for example, it can be done for less money than replacing a bad
or missing 6 volt generator.

As far as cutting the hood... it's an unpardonable sin.  Even the huge Delco
can be shoehorned in there by anyone reasonably competent without cutting
the hood.  Some imports such as the Hitachi are easier to work with since
they're smaller.

Here's a Delco in the modified bracket.
http://members.toast.net/gwill/album/Tractors/Farmall/Cubs/alternator_closeup_01.jpg
 I just happened to have the Delco on the shelf and this tractor's generator
was missing.

George Willer