[Farmall] Converting to 12 v system on Cub

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Sat Jul 15 15:27:48 PDT 2006

Why?

6 volt Farmalls crank slow, but they start fine if the ignition system is
anywhere near OK.

Check your grounds, make sure the cables are meant for 6 volts (they have
to be thicker than 12 volt cables).

I've been experimenting with Optimas batteries, promising so far.
They're more expensive but supposed to last longer in infrequent use like ours.

BTW, check your grounds.

Dave