[AT] Starting Problem/Electrical?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jul 12 03:50:08 PDT 2006

You can omit the hose clamp and just use the top screw terminal on the
spark plug through a hole in the handle of the battery clip, but it
won't survive long that way in a full tool box. For a source of battery
clips, take a look at American Science & Surplus <www.sciplus.com>:
"28 Clips Mini-clips (aka alligator clips) let you make your own
low-voltage jumper leads, or repair broken leads on test equipment and
chargers. The kit includes (2) 30 amp clips, (2) 25 amp clips, (2) 10
amp clips, (6) 2" clips and (6) 1-1/2" clips, all of which are
insulated, plus (10) naked alligator clips.
on sale Item no. 92074 	CLIP KIT $3.25 / EACH (was $3.95)"

Mike

Ken Knierim wrote:
> Mike,
>    I gotta agree with Lew... that's a damned fine idea. It's a prime
> example of why I love this list. Thanks!
>
> Thanks to Spencer for the list too!
>
> Ken in AZ
>

> On 7/11/06, Lew Best <bee_keeper at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Neat & SO SIMPLE!!!!!!!!  Gotta make one of those; I'm tired of trying
>> to hold a plug wire in the right place & getting bit sometimes!
>>
>> Thanks for the idea!!!!!!
>>
>> Lew
>>

>> <<snip>> If you want to get fancy, at
>> <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/tools__equipment/ignition_tester.htm
>> l>
>> you will see my "50 cent spark checker" that consists of an old working
>> spark plug, a hose clamp, and a battery clip<<snip>>,
>>
>> Mike

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods
or no God. -Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and
author (1743-1826)