[AT] little OT; Daihatsu "mini truck"

Dan Glass dglass at mail.newnanutilities.org
Tue Jul 11 07:38:29 PDT 2006

I am pretty sure these trucks are not legal on highways.  Most of them
belonged to airlines as flightline trucks.  I know the airlines sell
them for $200-$500 when they are throught with them. They are usually
short wired to bypass the key ignition since they always lose the keys.
Parts are available, but are not cheap and usually take a couple of week
to obtain.  I think most of these trucks have Yamaha engines in them.
These are handy little farm trucks, you would use them like Kawasaki
Mules or Polaris machines.  They do have enclosed cabs if you have to be
out in the rain and they do have heaters if you are out in the cold.  I
don't think they cost $4300 new, so they ebay one doesn't seem like a
good deal.  If you have steep hills or swampy areas to drive, I would
look elsewhere.