[Farmall] Hey Karl!

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Mon Jul 10 08:10:30 PDT 2006

Hi, Mike!  Nothing happening on the Oliver front.  They're all still here.
I've done almost nothing on tractors for the past couple of years... major
house remodelling last year, and I spent quite a bit of the winter
reorganizing my shed.  Had a new 40' x 60' metal building put up so that
most of my stuff could be stored out of the weather, and that opened up the
workshop so it was useful once more.

I'm picking away at a total rework on a '36 McCormick-Deering O-12.  Lotsa
sandblasting and painting, and I expect to have to do some boring out and
re-bushing bearings in the steering and brakes.  Good excuse to learn how to
use my mill and lathe.  I've accumulated a pretty good selection of the O-12
and its many variants, such as W-12, I-12 and Fairway 12.  Time to start
fixin' them up.

Good to hear from you again.  I take it you're in college now?

-Karl