[AT] Starting Problem/Electrical?

Rob Gray Robgray at epix.net
Mon Jul 10 03:59:57 PDT 2006

My 8N has been so reliable over the years that I've never become very
experienced at diagnosing/fixing starting problems with it. On top of
that I'm not Joe Mechanic to say the least. Recently it won't start and
I've done/checked the following so far:

1) Confirmed that gas is flowing fine to the carburator
2) Starter is spinning fine
3) Battery is fully charged
4) I lightly sanded the points in the distributor and on the roter since
they were a little oxidized
5) The wires from the distributor to the spark plugs appear to be fine

I believe the problem is related to no spark, or at least electrical in
nature

Can someone give me a hint as to what to check next/what to do?

Rob