[Ford-ferguson] Determining the model of your Ford-Ferguson

cwi813 at earthlink.net cwi813 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 8 20:58:03 PDT 2006

My friend, Gary Brown, from Ankeny Tractors, Inc. located some great DVDs for me! (And I discovered that after my tractor's tune-up last fall, one of the reasons it wouldn't start is because he turned off the gas line and never turned it back on - besides the starter button, which someone has since stolen and I think that's funny because whoever stole it didn't get his problem fixed!)

The DVDs can be gotten through Gary, and the titles are:
     Engine Rebuild for Ford Tractors (Featurning 9N, 2N and 8N Ford Tractors)
     Hydraulic Repair for Ford and Ferguson Tractors (Featuring 9N, 2N and 8N Ford tractors with information pertaining to Ferguson 20 & 30 series tractors)
     Tune-Up for Ford Tractors (Featuring 9N, 2N and 8N Ford tractors)  - this will help you sort out hybrid parts as to which part is 9N, 2N or 8N.

>Here is a good guideline for determining the approximate age of our
>tractor if you can't obtain the serial number
><http://home.att.net/~jmsmith45/identify.htm>
>
>As far as I know, the only place the serial number appeared was on the
>engine.
>
>Primo Campos wrote:

Cynthia Wilhelmi