[AT] OT Computer help

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Jul 7 09:06:40 PDT 2006

I need some help quick!

I'm having a problem with the hard drive on my notebook.  I suspect from a
bad lightning storm the other night.  Anyway I have a new external drive and
I need to transfer the operating system and some critical work software from
the on-board drive in the laptop to the external drive.  I need to do it in
such a way that I can boot from the external drive and run the work
software.  I've got work to get out today and I don't know any other way to
fix the problem or how to transfer the files.   Right now the computer is up
and running but I've lost about half of my desktop Icons,  the computer is
crashing and I occasionally get a message saying I have low virtual memory
although there is a good bit of room left on the drive.

Thanks for the help.

Charlie