[AT] My New Toy

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Tue Jul 4 23:06:53 PDT 2006

I have feedback about Kubota current tractors. Lots of them are sold for the
Strawberries over in Watsonville area. I am now using one for row crop
activities as well, thanks to a friend having one that we are currently
using. Kubota builds expensive tractors that do not stand up to abuse. They
do work well and are well built, but seriously underweight and need careful
use.
    An example is that we went to hook up the transplanter and it would only
lift the unit a foot up, not enough to use. On the Oliver Super 77 or New
Holland 6610S, The unit will lift three feet.... Additionally, to get twp
remotes on this tractor, you have to buy an additional package at extra
cost! Also, the price of the Kubotas are higher than competing "American"
tractor companies such as New Holland, John Deere (the only actual domestic
wheel tractor company). They are highly thought of for light duty use.
Personally I would not consider purchasing a current Kubota unless there was
a "deal!"
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, CA