[AT] My New Toy

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Tue Jul 4 13:22:47 PDT 2006

Larry you pretty well covered the reasons for the bucket being so far
forward.  Higher and further reach.  And you are correct in that with the
load so far forward the rear wheels have less traction.  That is why 4 wheel
drive is so nice,  you can still move. The industrial tires are somewhat of
a trade off between mud traction and floatation but they are heavier and
wider than the normal R1 farm tread, plus more costly.

So far we are really happy with the Kioti DK55.

H. L.

On 7/4/2006 9:32:58 AM, Larry D. Goss (rlgoss at evansville.net) wrote: > OK, H
 L. And all you other experts I have a question -- why do > manufacturers
place the bucket of their FEL so far out in front of the > front wheels?
Kioti > isn't alone in doing this, and I am curious about > it. Placing the
bucket that far forward makes the mechanical advantage > "wrong" for good
traction with a loaded bucket, so you have to have more > counterbalance
weight than if the whole thing was close-coupled. > Obviously, you can get a
higher dump height and more reach with the > bucket to get a load over the
middle of a pickup truck bed, but is there > some other reason for designing
them the way they do? > > Larry > > -----Original Message----- > From:
at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com > [mailto:at-bounces at lists
antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of Charlie hill > Sent: Tuesday, July 04,
2006 8:24 AM > To: Antique tractor email discussion group > Subject: Re:
[AT] My New Toy > > I hear you H.L.! That thing is cool and it's > almost AC
orange. LOL