[Ford-ferguson] 2N 3-Point

CS Faherty wngrdr at ywave.com
Sun Jul 2 22:37:17 PDT 2006

Hello all,

It's been a while since I have posted anything to this list. I do enjoy
lurking and following the threads, however.

The restoration on the 2N is continuing. It's been 5 years since we rolled
her into the shop and started turning bolts. Friday afternoon she backed out
of the shop under her own power and passed sea trials for engine operation
and control with flying colors. It's runs a little rough until it warms up,
but then she smoothes right out and purrs better than I could have hoped. (I
have attached a picture to this email - I hope to have several more up on
the web site, soon.)

The catch - the three point hitch makes no attempt to move up or down when
the lever is moved. The PTO works, although it seems to be leaking from the
inspection cover, right under the seat. I don't have the correct drive
coupler to mate the N with the mower we use behind the New Holland, so I
can't be certain that all the power is getting to the PTO shaft, but it does
turn when the lever is engaged and the clutch pedal is released.

This has been a front end and sheet metal restoration, so far. The
transmission, PTO and three point weren't touched, since they seemed to be
in good working order when we started. For this reason, the decision was
made not to disassemble them. Perhaps this was a mistake?

Any suggestions for testing, before we drive her back into the shop and
start from the back-end?

Thanks -

-SF