[AT] What tractor for my snowblower?

Bill Bear Hood mmman at netscape.com
Sun Jan 22 08:02:44 PST 2006

George
I remember a combine in the trading post at Portland with "front deck", but it was an Oliver.  But remember, my rememberer is broke.  Caught my eye, because we never saw an Oliver combine "live" down in our neck of the woods.  The only local Oliver dealer carried Oliver tractors, but none of their implements.  As a big kid, I saw pictures of an Oliver Combine in a magazine and I was not sure they existed.  I took a truck to TN to pick up a load for Dad and saw not 1, but 3 working in a soybean field.

We seldom have snow, don't have plows or snowblowers, but how about mounting on a hydrostat swather power unit.  I had a couple of JD self propelled swathers that were all hydraulic and had 90 hp 6 cyl JD engines.  You could put that 14' header through a 12' gate with no sweat as they were very nimble.  I do have a snow plow in my parts repository if you guys know how to ship it by Postal mail.
Bear
BTW it is finally raining in hard in Texas today and I can not see smoke on the horizon or hear the VFD trucks running.

--- "George Willer" <gwill at toast.net> wrote:

Gene,

Do you remember the JD combine running gear with the Woods 306 finish mower
mounted on the front?  It was in the trading post at Portland.  Larry and I
looked it over pretty carefully.

George Willer