[AT] OT Fires

Bill Bear Hood mmman at netscape.com
Mon Jan 2 08:30:23 PST 2006

H.L.
We are also in severe fire danger area in a good part of Texas.  Here, we are 21" short in '05--second driest year in recorded history--beat only by the drought of the 50's--56 was driest year and I remember cows bringing $.10 and only being able to keep a milk cow for home use.

I no longer roll with a VFD(too old), but sure can feel for those guys.  It is taking a toll on men and equipment.  The Texas Forest Service has lost three of its JD 450's with fire plows to mechanical failure, not fire loss.  We have had 2 firemen critically injured in surrounding counties while fighting wildfires.  Pray for rain or maybe that the SW will get some of that falling in CA.
Bear