[AT] live pto for fords

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 31 11:45:26 PST 2006

Hmm.. live hyds maybee.. that's been around for a while via an engine
mounted pump plumbed back into the corner test port on the base of the hyd
pump.  As for live pto.. there is/was a vintage kit for live pto on the old
N and NAA.. More or less was live via a hand clutch that applied hyd
pressure to a coupler after the trans, before the rear end.  You didn't use
the foot clutch, unles you wanted all to stop.. pto and hyds.. hand clutch
just stopped drivetrain, letting pto still spin.. as well as hyds.

An aftermarket version of this setup would need alot more parts besides a
covert stinger pump.. it would need a hyd clutch pack, and activation spool,
or at least a manual shifter dog and fork.. etc..

Soundguy