[AJD] electrolysis

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 06:05:19 PST 2006

Mitch,

    I used an older Sears charger that was capable of charging either 6V or 12 V
batteries but there was no ability to adjust the amperage .  At first,  I had tried the 12V option but it spiked the indicator and the charger was humming so I switched to the 6V option.  On the 6V option, the charger indicated a full 6 to 8 Amps.  After a week or so was able to switch to the 12V option and eventually the indicator settled out at about 2 to 3 Amps.  Cleaning the positive grid, allowed the Amperage to increase to about 6 amps for a few days but it eventually settled back to between 2 and 3 Amps.  Hope that this helps

  Ken Jones

Mitchell Daly <md31043 at msn.com> wrote:
  Ken,
All of what I've read led me to believe what you have confirmed in your message. Now I've got to get the setup in place and start the process rolling. By the way, what amperage are you setting your charger on the do the larger pieces?

Mitch