[AJD] Really interesting JD Implement - 821 Cultivator

Michael Ostrander antiquejd at fwi.com
Sun Jan 29 20:27:38 PST 2006

Dean-
Thanks.  I have a 1938 and 1942 Plow book that showed the 821.  When I
borrowed a 1935 Plow Book, it was not contained in there.  Is the parts
catalog that you have one of the CD's?  I will begin my search for the
original literature.  Hopefully it will be at GOG if not somewhere else
first.  I spoke with someone on the phone tonight who listed the difference
in weight between the A821 and the B821 as 715 lbs and 705 lbs respectively.
The conclusion was that the 10 lb difference could be accounted for by the
shorter frame of the Unstyled B at that time and therefore less length on
the hitch of the implement.

Michael