[AT] Allis WD serial #

Dallas and Kathy pinecrestdairy at acsnet.com
Sun Jan 29 21:10:38 PST 2006

Rog and Other Interested Parties, It is very possible that the reason that
you cannot find the serial number is because there were a lot of WD's sold
on the black market when tractors were scarce. My Dad bought a WD, and the
serial numbers were obliterated with a center punch. But there some that
were ground off. His tractor was supposedly brand new when he bought it. But
he found out later it was put in a small building, safe from the elements
and was used to run an irrigation pump for several months. The paint on the
PTO shaft and a few other areas were simply touched up. He bought it from
the local Allis Chalmers dealership. It turned out to be a great tractor,
though, and was used for many years.  Dallas