[AJD] JD (Pioneer) hydraulic couplings (Female)

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Jan 29 19:54:54 PST 2006

On the JD 520 though 730 tractors the female hydraulic coupling is made by
Pioneer. However, if one tries to buy a new replacement the current Pioneer
version isn't physically the same at least the outside dimensions aren't the
same. The same male coupling will fit both.

But the two female couplings fit into a bracket which allows connecting and
disconnecting the male part by sliding the female part in and out.

I just can't seem to figure out whether the new pioneer version will work
right or not. Has anyone solved this puzzle?

Does any one have a cross reference list from the 50's to the Pioneer part
numbers of that era?

Is the Pioneer # 4056-4 the current version or one that exactly duplicates
the one used in the 50's?

PS: I'm referring to the breakaway female coupler JD part Number AF3000R as
an example on a 620. Does Pioneer make an exact duplicate of it?  Or do we
have to use the new version and if so does it work right in the breakaway
mechanism? I'm really confused.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!