[AT] Was: JD 530 on E-bay, now auction results

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Jan 29 19:32:33 PST 2006

Ron:

I'm trying to remember the story behind this 630 on steel. I first saw it at
the Two Cylinder Expo in Missoula in 1999 but later in March of 2000 saw it
again and took a picture of it at the Collector Center in Moline. This
doesn't show up in the pictures I took at the Collector Center in 2002 or
2004. My recollection is that JD either owns this tractor or was heavily
involved in supplying parts for the restoration of it or both. Again if my
memory is holding up this is a Rice tractor out of the SE and any option
that JD could find that would fit on this tractor got installed. Whether it
made sense or not.

It may have been sold at one of the CC auctions.

Now if we were to go out in the rural Salix, IA area on a dirt road, at
night, with this tractor, wouldn't the warning light be helpful? But maybe
the girlfriend wouldn't like it! The girlfriend's Dad sure as heck could
find you.

I will tell you that the Expo IX in Missoula featured the JD H tractors but
this tractor just over whelmed everything else at the show. It had THE
prominent position at the head of the main display row which I thought was a
bit odd since the show was supposed to feature the JD H. At the time I
wondered about those who had transported their rare BWH or BNH all the way
cross country to Missoula, MT and then had to play second fiddle to this
tractor. I suspect they might have been more than a little disappointed.

If someone offered this tractor for sale at a bargain price I would be all
over it like stink on manure. With or without the warning light!  :-) And I
don't like steel wheeled tractors all that much. This one is a gem.

The bottom line it is a stunning tractor.

BTW:  I never have seen this warning light installed on any other tractor at
any other show and sure as heck didn't see one in NW Iowa in the late 50's.
Those that go to the Iowa Expos and the NY Expos may have seen this
elsewhere. But when Brad mentioned this one on a 520 it immediately rang a
bell. Can't remember where I was 5 minutes ago but remembered this option
all the way back to 1999 instantly. A mind is a terrible thing to lose. :-)

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com