[AT] Allis WD serial #

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jan 29 11:16:18 PST 2006

I know absolutely nothing about Allis Chalmers tractors, but the
location you describe sounds like the place where one would likely put
one heavy, muddy, manure laden, farm boot to get on and off of the
tractor. I don't think an aluminum tag would last very long under those
conditions.

Mike

Roger Welsch wrote:
> I just acquired yet another treasure...a WD parter...no front end, no rear
> end, reminds me of my first wife....   I would sure like to get a date on it
> but I have yet to find the serial # on any one of the three WDs that have
> passed through my hands.  The books all say the same thing... "located on
> top of left differential brake housing..." but I can't find a thing there.
> What am I missing?  Any clues?
>
> Ol' Rog

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I
learn." -Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790); US politician and scientist.