[AT] OT:(now tv)

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Jan 29 11:11:56 PST 2006

You made my day, Ken.  My Dad designed some of that stuff.  The
supercharger plant was a separate production facility of GE out on
Taylor Street in Fort Wayne.  Dad spent a lot of time between there and
the Broadway plant during the war.  The whole plant has been shut down
and mothballed for years.  He really lamented the changeover to
semi-conductors in the early 50's because the response curves just
weren't as predictable and smooth as the vacuum tubes he had been
working with for years.  It seems to me I remember that most of that
stuff operated on 400 cycle AC.  We had one of the 400 cycle
motor-generators setting on the floor of the shop for years.  I don't
know why Dad ever brought it home because we had nothing on the farm
that we could use it for.

Larry