[Farmall] 130 parts

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 29 05:23:29 PST 2006

Oil pump on the 130 should be simple to service. Drop the pan and remove the
2 bolts throught the drivers right side of the block that have the locking
tab behind them. Pump should just slide right out. There is a plate bolted
to the bottom og the pump that sometimes warps and or the gasket blows out.
See if the plate is flat and put in a new gasket. We always change the
gasket when overhauling one. I'll check with my IH dealer and see what they
tell me about getting parts for the pump.

Mike mentioined using aftermarket parts. We have used aftermarket and OEM
with no problems either place. However, we normally stick with IH parts
unless we are buying complete rebuild kits or are in need of sleeve and
piston sets, thats when you really start saving big bucks.

Most folks we have run into only want rings, rod bearings and a
head-rebuild. On a good solid machine with just a little wear you can get by
with that. However I always mike the bore and the crank. Likewise if they
need a clutch or main seals replaced, then we start talking about grinding
the crank, boring/sleeving etc.

If you need used parts, try salvage yards in the Southeast. Those tractors
are real common in the tobacco growing regions.

John Hall