[AT] Was: JD 530 on E-bay, now auction results

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Jan 29 00:29:22 PST 2006

Brad:

Interesting information. The 730 sale prices don't surprise me but the 520
info is really interesting. By chance did you get any pictures of that
contraption?  JD did sell warning light equipment called a "Tractor Warning
Mast Lamp" but I think I have seen this in real life but once on a 630 STD
on steel at the 1999 Two Cylinder Expo IX in Missoula, MT.

Fortunately I took some pictures of it that show this particular set up. Did
the warning light 520 setup look like this? Look at the very first three
pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/tractor_shows/1999/2_cylinder_expo/missoula_m
t/

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M26435C8C

If it does look like this, then this is an optional standard JD product
offering shown in the "Attachments for John Deere Tractors and Engines book
AC-1000" and therefore is also shown in the 520/530 Parts Catalog. I have
copied a couple of the pages from the Parts Catalog for your review:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/misc/warning_mast_lamp/

BTW: The price for the JD 520 was fairly normal but the price for the three
point was quite high. That makes it a $5700 520 with three point which puts
it in the league of a 530 with three point. Did it have a wide front end or
dual hydraulics? I really get upset at auctions when sellers strip the three
point off to get a higher total price. But....  It's their tractor. I don't
have to bid.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!