[Farmall] 130 parts

raymond mckinney mckinney at ecentral.com
Sat Jan 28 07:50:26 PST 2006

Hi, I'm Mac from the Denver, Co. metro area. I have read you mails for
some time and find them interesting and useful. Last Sept. I bought a
Farmall 130. I have restored old cars as a hobby since 1958. I had to
give that up because it became to painful to get up and down, and
contorted into various positions. I am 80 years old. As I originated on
a farm, I decided it would be fun to restore old tractors, you do not
have to contort the body into so many positions.

I am in the process of beginning the restoration on the 130. I found
that 3 cyls have a little over 100 lbs of compression, and one had 40.
So i started searching for parts that may be needed even before I tear
the engine down. Naturally I will be checking the rod and main
bearings,  and while I am in there I would probably replace the oil pump.

Restoring cars can be expensive, but a oil pump for a  Model A, Ford
V-8, Nash,  etc  would be under $50. I called the Case-IH dealer in
Greely for an oil pump, all I wanted was the case,shaft and gears. I was
advised they only sell the complete pump and they would have to order
it. They gave me an off the wall price of $572.67 plus shipping and
handling. At that price, I think I will convert to a Model A oil pump or
engine. The tractor has 10-40 oil in it, oil pressure, cold is 20, and
below 10 when hot.

What suggestions do you gentlemen have????