[AT] OT: Flashback - Early Farmers Building County Roads

Howard Weeks weeksh at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 27 16:10:52 PST 2006

I can't comment on the test equipment or TV sets but I have built and still
own
a number of Heath amateur transmitters and recievers.  Beginning with the
AT-1
transmitter.  They have all worked well for their day and time.  Only
trouble I ever
had with them was my fault - not following the assembly manual.  The DX-100
was
the first transmitter that I could afford that would develop a watt for
every dollar I had in it.
As I remember, it would develop about 180 watts and it cost about the same
amount.

Howard