[AT] OT: Flashback - Early Farmers Building County Roads

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 16:00:36 PST 2006

I was in the 8th grade when we got our first TV it was an Admiral 17 in. I
remember in those days we had to put a 40 ft. pole on the roof to get the
stations out of Frisco about 125 miles away. It was hit or miss sometimes just
clean and clear and other days more snow than picture. Kids today don't know
what snow on a TV is all about, we should teach them about it so that it will
always be a part of the early days of TV.
I have a 1947 Magnavox Radio, Record Player and TV.  It cost the  original
owners $800 when new. A Chevy cost about $600 back then if you could  get one.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460