[AT] OT: Flashback - Early Farmers Building County Roads

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Fri Jan 27 12:11:12 PST 2006

In Tulsa where I grew up. we got our first television in about 1951. It came
from Sears  probably about 17 inches maybe smaller.  This one had and octal
plug on the back for a color adapter. Still not sure what that would have
been.

Our first color set was a kit from Heath. Took about 25 hours to assemble
and by todays standard was a terrible set. When doing some of the alignment
with the oscilloscope connected to the vertical, horizontal and video my
kids got a kick out of watching Bonanza on the little green screen.

No matter what I did there was always a buzzing sound when titles were
displayed on a dark background. This thing had a built in dot generator to
help in the set up.

This was the first rectangular tube unit that Heath had in their line-up.

H. L.