[AT] OT: Flashback - Early Farmers Building County Roads

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Fri Jan 27 08:20:42 PST 2006

Larry,
         You have described the whole thing exactly as I remember it.  I
was too young to run the horse drawn slip, but I watched.  Not an easy
operation.  My Granddad replaced his with a Dearborn or maybe Ferguson slip
that went on his 9N.  By the 50's, everyone but my Dad seemed to have a
Tumble Bug.  You can still find a Tumble Bug occasionally on a farm sale,
but not often.  All the Sears equipment is fast becoming very scarce.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA