[AT] OT: Flashback - Early Farmers Building County Roads

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jan 27 09:18:10 PST 2006

Our first Black and White TV's hit our NW IA area in 1951. The first one was
in our little town's restaurant. On Saturday night there would be a crowd of
people standing around watching the snow drift in and out on the screen. At
first the closest TV transmitting station was over 90 miles away in Omaha,
NE. Pretty lousy reception. When Sioux City, IA and Sioux Falls, SD came on
line, then TV's started to sell well.

I don't remember well now when we got our first color TV in CA. But I know I
resisted it quite long due to the high maintenance requirements of the early
color TV's. Probably mid to late 60's.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!