[AJD] JD Powder Coat supplies

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Jan 25 19:22:02 PST 2006

We have a local outfit that will do large piece sandblasting and powder
coating at a reasonable price.  Except....  They tell me they can only buy
JD Yellow and Green in large quantities such as 55 gallon barrels. I just
don't see how I would ever use that much.

I'm not yet experienced with using powder coat instead of paint but what I
have seen so far sure looks good. Especially for rims.

Anyone have some experience with this process and know where smaller
quantities of JD colors are available?

I also see Eastwood is pushing their HotCoat Powder system. Haven't figured
out yet if that is worth looking into seriously. I do know they don't offer
JD colors....yet.

I've heard that those who get into this seriously are buying old used pizza
ovens for the curing process. I suspect those are all gas based ovens and I
don't have that available if that makes any sense to do at all. I guess I
could bring in LPG in bulk but I don't have it available here as a utility.

Comments?

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!